Kaizen is the RCR's e-portfolio system used by trainees, supervisors and the Annual Review of Competence Progression (ARCP) panel to record evidence of competence progression through training, provide supervision to trainees and annual review of competence progression respectively.
The Kaizen e-portfolio is a cloud-hosted platform that is designed to be flexible enough to be maintained in-house. It is also built from the start to be optimised for mobile devices. All the functions available on a desktop can also be used on tablets and mobile phones. In addition, it is also fully tested and reliable on all modern browsers: Internet Explorer (IE), Safari, Chrome, Firefox.
Kaizen improvement project update for our members and all Kaizen users
Based on the feedback received from the focused consultations with various user groups of the system, we have made the following changes and improvements.
All assessment forms have been improved to let non-Kaizen account holders complete them for trainees.
- Assessors' names and roles now displays on WPBA summary table on trainees’ summary page.
- Assessments duplication on some trainees’ dashboards caused by data migration from the old e-portfolio has now been rectified – only the right sets of assessments now displays on these trainees’ dashboards.
- The WPBA summary table has been adjusted to display only assessments completed in the last eight months on trainees’ summary page with functionality to select a date range to view completed WPBA for the period - you will need to click on the "View Full Report" button at the bottom of the table to use this functionality.
Educational Supervisor’s Structured Report
We have now reconfigured and improved this form and have also embedded the following reports:
Trainee’s training post-collection; provides details of all the posts covered by the trainee for the reporting period
Completed WPBAs; provides a count of all the workplace-based assessments done by the trainee within the reporting period
Summary of the clinical supervisor’s report; provides a collection of all the appraisals the trainee has completed with their clinical supervisors for the reporting period
Each of these also comes with a preview button which lets the user view the respective items in detail. There is also an option to change the date range for the period under review.
Personal Development Plan (PDP)
The PDP has been improved to let users select multiple categories on the same form. For each category selected, the system unpacks the following fields for that category:
- Learning objective
- How will the learning needs be addressed for this?
- Evidence of progress/ attainment
- Expected date of completion
There is also an actual date of completion at the bottom of the form.
Clinical and Educational Supervisor’s Initial Induction, Mid and End of Post/Year Appraisals
These have all been improved to import the PDP which trainees need to discuss with their Supervisors at appraisal meetings in terms of how they are progressing and evidence of attainment for their respective objectives. The supervisor or trainee can initiate the process which was previously not possible with both forms.
Trainee Dashboard Summary
The trainee's dashboard has been reconfigured to display all their key personal and training information. This is so that trainers can view their trainees’ dashboards at a glance.
If you have any specific problems/issues that need urgent attention, please continue to report them to the team on email@example.com or call 0207 406 5925