Our examination updates address any changes made to our FRCR examinations:
- Cancellation of the June sitting of the Final FRCR Part 2B Examination
- See our March 2021 sitting update
Please direct any examinations queries to firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7406 5905.
The reporting component of this examination will be computed based at the venue candidates have chosen. Candidates will receive a username and password to access the examination. The reporting instructional video and accompanying demonstration site should be viewed prior to the examination. The oral component will also be delivered to candidates in venues, via video conference, and further detail shows in the orals guidance video.
Examination content will be shared via MS Teams and candidates will be able to take control of the mouse and access functionality to manipulate images. After 30 minutes candidates will move to the second room and complete the second 30-minute session of the oral exam with different examiners.
If you feel unwell or display COVID-19 symptoms you should not attend the examination. Social distancing rules and cleaning guidelines will be applied by each venue on an individual basis in line with government guidance and candidates should adhere to these.
Before you apply
The RCR offers several sittings of the Final FRCR Part B examination across the year. Our eligibility table provides confirmation of which sittings candidates can apply for.
- Please read our instructions on how to prepare before you apply for an examination.
- To help your application go smoothly, make sure you can log in to your website account in advance.
- If you can’t remember your login details, use the forgotten password or forgotten email links or contact us for support. Do not create another account.
Purpose of assessment
The Final FRCR (Part B) assessment examines candidates on all aspects of clinical radiology against the Specialty Training Curriculum for Clinical Radiology. The Final FRCR Examination Purpose of assessment statement details the examination's purpose, the required level of candidate training and the application of results. It is hoped that the statement will assist candidates, and those involved in their training, in understanding the scope of the FRCR examination and with relating the examination to other in-training assessments. The Final FRCR (Part B) examination consists of a reporting session, a rapid reporting session and an oral examination.
Dates and fees
How to apply
Applicants should ensure they have read the examination regulations before applying.
Applications for this examination are not currently open
- Read our instructions on how to prepare
- Make sure you have read the guidance notes for candidates
- The scoring system document explains how each component is marked and overall results are determined
- A sample image from the oral component
- Instructions for candidates to follow during the examination
- Generic examiners' reports are available as a guide to candidates and trainers preparing for future sittings of the examination.