FRCR examinations updates
Our examination updates address any changes made to our FRCR examinations:
Purpose of assessment
The First FRCR Examination expects candidates to have gained a knowledge of the physical principles that underpin diagnostic medical imaging and of the anatomy needed to perform and interpret radiological studies. Candidates are examined against the Specialty Training Curriculum for Clinical Radiology. The purpose of assessment statements for anatomy and physics detail both components purpose, the required level of candidate training and the application of results. It is hoped that the statements will assist candidates, and those involved in their training, in understanding the scope of the FRCR examination and with relating the examination to other in-training assessments. The First FRCR Examination comprises two modules: anatomy and physics.
Please direct any examinations queries to firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7406 5905.
Before you apply
- Please read our instructions on how to prepare before you apply for an examination.
- To help your application go smoothly, make sure you can log in to your website account in advance.
- If you can’t remember your login details, use the forgotten password or forgotten email links or contact us for support. Do not create another account.
- Applications will open at 9:00 and will close at 17:00 (UK time) on the closing date for each priority.
Dates and fees
How to apply
Applicants should ensure they have read the examination regulations before applying.
Applications for this examination are not currently open
- Follow the instructions on how to prepare before you apply for an examination
- Make sure you have read the:
- Please familiarise yourself with the instructional video and demonstration site for the anatomy platform before you attempt the examination
- Advice for candidates sitting the anatomy examination is available.