CRASH!: Clinical Radiology Academics Speaking Honestly
A series of discussions with radiologists from across the UK who are all passionate about research. Discover more about the rewards and challenges of an academic career and the research programmes that they are leading.
The Academic Committee (formerly the Research Committee) aims to increase the number of research-active radiologists and the quality of imaging research in the UK. The committee will explore methods by which the RCR can encourage and foster research in clinical radiology by:
- Actively supporting trainees and consultant radiologists commencing research or developing their research interests
- Advising the RCR's Specialty Training Board on academic training posts, research training and on ways to increase opportunities for research within the training programme
- Liaising closely with the Editor of Clinical Radiology about developing appropriate mechanisms for promoting research outputs via the journal
- Continuing with the joint Fellowship schemes (with the Medical Research Council and Cancer Research UK) and exploring and developing arrangements for proposed joint funding of research with other appropriate research funding bodies
- Organising meetings to provide research career guidance, training in research methodology and opportunities for networking among research-active radiologists, trainees and academics
- Running various research funding schemes such as the Kodak Radiology Fund Scholarship to support and nurture the research careers of clinical radiologists
- Creating a database of research active radiologists and trainees with specialty interests to facilitate research and career development.