Standards for providing a 24-hour interventional radiology service, second edition
Please note: This guidance was published in 2017. As of April 2021, it is available for reference only and will not be updated.
For the safety of patients, it is necessary that acute hospital trusts have formal and robust arrangements to ensure provision of emergency services 24 hours a day, every day of the year – interventional radiology is no exception. This publication encourages trusts to:
- put patient safety first, recognising the essential role of interventional radiology
- recognise the resources required to provide an interventional radiology service
- be clear and transparent about local arrangements for the provision of interventional radiology
- decide what can and can’t be provided both in and out of hours
- make arrangements which ensure robust and coherent regional interventional radiology service provision.