The RCR’s new exam hub will offer an improved exam booking and exam management experience.
Our new system has been designed to make booking your exams a simpler and quicker process. As part of this, some processes and regulations are changing. The key information is shared below; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.
Main benefits of the exam hub
- You can manage your bookings online, including rescheduling
- You have increased flexibility over your booking and choice of exam dates
- Membership priority access
- Receiving results online more quickly
- UK Training Programme Directors will receive UK results direct through Kaizen
Your RCR number – the six-digit number on all your RCR correspondence – will be your username for the exam hub.
- Do you know your RCR number?
Don’t wait until the last minute to find out. Make a note of it today and keep it in a safe place – it’s your key to booking and managing all your exams
- Are you booking an exam for the first time and need an RCR number?
Ensure that you register on the RCR website at least one week ahead of the application booking window for the exam that you wish to book. This is to allow time for the exam hub to update with your details ahead of the bookings opening. Please DO NOT create a new RCR account if you have sat exams previously – the same RCR number must be used
- You can find your RCR number by logging into MyRCR :
1.1 Enter your RCR number on the exam hub in the username field and you will be sent an email giving you access.
1.2 The email link will last for seven hours, after which time a new link will be required to log in.
1.3 Please make sure that your email address is up to date in your MyRCR profile on the website.
1.4 Changes made in your MyRCR profile will be updated in the exam hub within 24 hours.
N.B. Anyone with an account for the RCR website will have an RCR number; this is not connected to membership subscriptions.
2.1 There are three exam pathways in the exam hub: Clinical Radiology, Dental Radiology, and Clinical Oncology.
2.2 If you have already taken RCR exams, or are booked onto an exam before the end of 2022, then the exam hub will already know the pathway you are on.
2.3 If you are using the exam hub for the first time and have not yet booked an RCR exam then you will be asked to select your pathway when you book your first exam.
2.4 The exam hub will give you access to all the exams you are eligible to book in that pathway stage.
2.5 Always use the same RCR number; a different RCR number will assume you are starting your pathway again.
3.1 You will be expected to book, cancel and reschedule your bookings online while bookings are open.
3.2 Online bookings will close at least eight weeks before an exam date.
3.3 After the booking closing date the RCR exams team can reschedule, but not cancel, an exam booking on your behalf. Rescheduling after the booking closing date is at the discretion of the RCR. See the Refund and rescheduling policy for further details.
3.4 To help you reschedule your exam if you need to, most exams will offer multiple booking options each time.
3.5 Preparation ahead of booking an exam for the first time
- If you are booking an exam for the first time, please ensure that you register on the RCR website at least one week ahead of the application booking window for the exam that you wish to book. This is to allow time for the exam hub to update with your details ahead of the bookings opening. Please DO NOT create a new RCR account if you have sat exams previously – the same RCR number must be used.
- If you have already an RCR account, log in using your RCR number a few days before bookings open.
- You will receive an email to the address in your profile with a link to give you access to your area.
- Update any mandatory information in your profile ahead of time and choose your pathway.
3.6 Booking an exam
- Log in and select the available exam you would like to book and follow the booking journey.
- Once the booking journey is finished, the exams should appear on your profile as completed bookings.
3.7 Cancelling or rescheduling an exam
- Log in and go to your exam history.
- Click ‘View’ for the exam you wish to cancel or reschedule.
- Choose the ‘Cancel Booking’ option and follow the cancellation journey.
- Choose the ‘Reschedule Booking’ option and follow the rescheduling journey.
N.B See 4.0 for cancellation and rescheduling charges.
3.8 Waiting lists
- We are currently not using waiting lists.
4.1 All payment is immediate at the time of booking.
4.2 A separate payment must be made for each exam booked.
4.3 If a new booking is cancelled within seven days, a full refund will be provided.
4.4 If a new booking is cancelled after seven days but before the booking closing date a 90% refund will be provided.
4.5 If a cancellation is made after the booking closing date, there will be no refund.
4.6 Rescheduling can happen at any time before the booking closing date. An administrative charge will be made each time an exam is rescheduled.
4.7 A maximum of three reschedules for any exam type will be allowed, after that booking must be cancelled instead.
4.8 Rescheduling after the booking closing date is at the discretion of the RCR and an administrative charge will still apply.
See the Refund and rescheduling policy for further details.
5.1 For booking for 2023 onwards, priority access to booking will be grouped by three categories:
1. Members – UK Trainees
5.2 All booking dates will be opened in this order for all exams.
5.4 If you wish to apply for membership you must do so at least six weeks before the exam booking date opens
6.1 Part of the booking journey will be to sign the declaration form for the exam booking.
6.2 The declaration will include:
- Having passed the pre-requisite exams.
- Having completed the right amount of training to proceed (Member – UK Trainee).
- Having informed and had agreement from a Training Programme Director that you are ready to sit the exam (Member – UK Trainee).
- Not having exceeded the maximum number of attempts or sittings (as appropriate).
- Any other exam specific appropriate requirement.
6.3 The declaration will be subject to change.
7.1 Your results will be visible in the exam hub on the published exam results date.
7.2 You will receive an automated email letting you know that results are available.
7.3 Results on the hub will include: Pass mark, Score, Pass/Fail and more detailed results will continue to be sent via email in the short term.
7.4 Feedback will still be sent later for relevant exams, following the exam rules for feedback for that exam.
7.5 On results day, Member – UK Trainee results will also be uploaded to Kaizen. Training Programme Directors will be notified that results are available and will be able to look up their trainees.
8.1 You can now report procedural irregularities experienced during an exam via the Exam Hub.
8.2 On the homepage, click the blue view button for the applicable exam booking under 'My Exams'.
8.3 On the following page, click the 'Exam Incident Form' button. (This button will first appear on the day of the exam and for a further 48 hours after exam finish time.)
9.1 Please be advised that the Appeal Policy has been updated.
9.2 There will also be changes to both the Reasonable Adjustments and Misconduct policies for 2023. These will be published on the website later this year and will take effect for exams sat in 2023 onwards.