COVID-19 and RCR examinations
- If you feel unwell or display COVID-19 symptoms do not attend the examination.
- Candidates should follow the social distancing rules and cleaning guidelines for individual venues, in line with government guidance.
Our examination updates address any changes made to our examinations.
Purpose of assessment
The Diploma in Dental and Maxillofacial Radiology (DDMFR) examination is a requirement for satisfactory completion of specialist training in dental and maxillofacial radiology. It examines candidates on all aspects of dental and maxillofacial radiology against the curriculum (PDF). Read the full purpose of assessment statement (PDF)
The DDMFR Part B examination comprises three components; a rapid reporting session, a long cases reporting session and an oral examination. The examination is normally held in March and September each year.
Candidates who have passed the DDMFR Part A examination are permitted to enter the DDMFR Part B examination after completing a minimum of 30 months of accredited dental and maxillofacial radiology training.
Before you apply
- Please read our instructions on how to prepare before you apply for an examination.
- To help your application go smoothly, make sure you can log in to your website account in advance.
- If you can’t remember your login details, use the forgotten password or forgotten email links or contact us for support. Do not create another account.
Dates and fees
How to apply
Applicants should ensure they have read the examination regulations before applying.
Please familiarise yourself with the long cases and rapid reporting platform by viewing our instructional video and demonstration site before you attempt the examination. Please make sure you have read: