Open for applications
Closing date for applications: 14 July 2023
The Bursary is intended for a research project or furthering a radiological interest in the UK or abroad.
“This grant allowed completion of my first piece of research and was hugely important in career development…...” (2017 recipient)
Up to £5,000.
The Bursary is open to Fellows and Members of the Faculty of Clinical Radiology holding appointments in the UK.
“As a clinical radiologist with little previous research experience, this bursary has enabled me to develop a multitude of skills which will aid me in my career as both a clinician and researcher………..” (2018 recipient)
All applicants must read the guidance notes before applying.
Applicants will need to submit:
- A completed application form. The application form requires:
- A detailed account of the proposed project including title, purpose, timing, plan of investigation, methods and techniques of study
- Details of any co-applicants
- A budget plan
- Details of two potential referees, both of which should be consultant clinical radiologists based at different institutions to each other, and to the applicant. The referees should be experts in their field and have no connection to either the project or the applicant(s). The referees will be asked by the RCR to provide external feedback on the merits of the proposed project, NOT the character of the applicant
- A brief curriculum vitae comprising of 2 pages maximum. This should not include a photograph of the applicant
- Letter(s) of support from the research venue and/or project supervisor
Further application guidelines will be available
Applications are made in open competition and the Bursary is awarded by the Academic Committee based on the recommendation of an assessment panel. The decision of the assessment panel is final and binding. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application in early October.
Any enquiries should be directed to email@example.com
A list of past recipients of the bursaries is available.
An audit report on the grants awarded under the above schemes between 2005-2015 is available.
A paper on the grants awarded under the above schemes between 2019-2022 is available.
Please note that an applicant may only apply for ONE of the following awards in any given year: Kodak Fellowships; Research Bursary; Constance Thornton Fellowship or RCR Seed Grant. The assessment panel reserves the right to move an application into another award category if appropriate.