Background and nature
This annual award funded by The Royal College of Radiologists is intended to reward undergraduate radiology societies who have been active during the preceding year. The scoring process for applications will place particular value on societies that have a plan for sustainability and those that have been innovative in their activities.
£200 to be used to fund a society event.
The award is open to any undergraduate radiology/imaging society at a UK medical school. The lead applicant should usually be the medical student lead/co-lead of the society.
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com by 17:00 pm Friday 19 February 2021 and must include all of the following:
- Name of society
- Named applicant (normally the lead for the society) full name, address, and medical school affiliation
- A letter of support from a member or Fellow of the RCR (trainee or consultant)
- A detailed description of the societies activities covering the following areas:
- Background and aims of the society (how and why was it established) (max. 200 words)
- A detailed description of the activity of the society over the past year to include details of events etc. run by the society (max. 500 words)
- An outline of the sustainability plan for the society (to include membership numbers and plans to maintain/increase membership) (max. 200 words)
- A summary of the societies future plans (max. 200 words)
How applications will be assessed
Applications will be assessed and awarded by the RCR's undergraduate radiology steering committee. The following criteria will be considered:
- Level and breadth of activity
- Innovation and excellence
- Future plans and evidence of sustainability.
*The successful society will be invited to present a talk about their activities, at the appropriate RCR meeting.
Enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org