Closing date: Monday 4 March 2019
Background and nature of award
A new annual award funded by The Royal College of Radiologists and intended to reward undergraduate radiology societies who have been active during the preceding year. The scoring process for applications will place particular value on societies that have a plan for sustainability and those that have been innovative in their activities.
£200 to be used to fund a society event.
The award is open to any undergraduate radiology/imaging society at any UK medical school. The lead applicant should usually be the medical student lead/co-lead for the society.
Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday 4 March 2019 and must include all of the following:
- Name of society
- Named applicant (normally the lead for the society) full name, address and medical school affiliation
- A letter of support from a member or Fellow of the RCR (trainee or consultant)
- A detailed description of the societies activities covering the following areas:
- Background and aims of the society (how and why was it established) (max. 200 words)
- A detailed description of the activity of the society over the past year to include details of events etc. run by the society (max. 500 words)
- An outline of the sustainability plan for the society (to include membership numbers and plans to maintain/increase membership) (max. 200 words)
- A summary of the societies future plans (max. 200 words)
How applications will be assessed
Applications will be assessed and awarded by the College's Radiology Undergraduate Steering Group. Criteria considered will include the following:
- Level and breadth of activity
- Innovation and excellence
- Future plans and evidence of sustainability.
Successful applicants may be invited to present the results of their work at an appropriate RCR meeting.