Applications open: March 2018
Endowed in 1995 by a bequest from the estate of the late Miss Constance Thornton to further radiological research.
This annual Fellowship enables a UK clinical radiologist to undertake a research project or further a radiological interest (preferably centres on cross-sectional imaging or paediatric radiology, likely to lead to a publication) in the UK or abroad.
“This fellowship has given me the skills essential in clinically relevant research.” (2009 recipient)
Up to £3,000.
UK clinical radiologist who is a Fellow or member of the College.
Applicants will need to submit:
- A completed application form. The application form requires:
- A detailed account of the proposed project including title, purpose, timing, plan of investigation, methods and techniques of study
- Details of any co-applicants
- A budget plan
- Details of two referees, both of which should be consultant clinical radiologists. The referees should be experts in their field and have no connection to either the project or the applicant(s). The referees will be asked to comment on the merits of the proposed project, NOT the character of the applicant.
Patient public involvement in the project is strongly encouraged, where appropriate.
- A brief curriculum vitae. This should NOT include a photograph of the applicant.
Letter(s) of support from the research venue and supervisor.
Applications are made in open competition and the Fellowship is awarded by the Specialty Training Board based on the recommendation of an assessment panel. The decision of the assessment panel is final and binding. The Fellowship will be awarded in two stages; half the money will be awarded to the successful recipient once the final decision has been confirmed and the balance will be paid out upon receipt of the first interim report.
Any enquiries should be directed to email@example.com
A list of past recipients is available.
Please note that an applicant may apply for only ONE of the following awards in any given year: Kodak Radiology Fund Bursary – Research; Kodak Research Fund Scholarship; Constance Thornton Fellowship; Pump Priming Grant. The assessment panel reserves the right to move an application into another award category if appropriate.