OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing Date: Monday 16 July 2018
Endowed in 1995 by a bequest from the estate of the late Miss Constance Thornton to further radiological research.
This annual Fellowship enables a UK clinical radiologist to undertake a research project or further a radiological interest (preferably centres on cross-sectional imaging or paediatric radiology, likely to lead to a publication) in the UK or abroad.
“This fellowship has given me the skills essential in clinically relevant research.” (2009 recipient)
Up to £3,000.
UK clinical radiologist who is a Fellow or member of the College.
All applicants must read the Guidance Notes before applying.
Applicants will need to submit:
- A completed application form. The application form requires:
- A detailed account of the proposed project including title, purpose, timing, plan of investigation, methods and techniques of study
- Details of any co-applicants
- A budget plan
- Details of two referees, both of which should be consultant clinical radiologists based at different institutions to each other and the applicant. The referees should be experts in their field and have no connection to either the project or the applicant(s). The referees will be asked to comment on the merits of the proposed project, NOT the character of the applicant.
Patient public involvement in the project is strongly encouraged, where appropriate. NB: Informal PPI review of an application can be requested through the RCR, prior to submission, (please email: email@example.com) provided that the request is made by Monday 11 June 2018. Please allow at least 2 weeks for this to be completed.
- A brief curriculum vitae. This should NOT include a photograph of the applicant.
Letter(s) of support from the research venue and supervisor.
Applications should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are made in open competition and the Fellowship is awarded by the Academic Committee based on the recommendation of an assessment panel. The decision of the assessment panel is final and binding.
Any enquiries should be directed to email@example.com
A list of past recipients is available.
Please note that an applicant may apply for only ONE of the following awards in any given year: Kodak Radiology Fund Bursary – Research; Kodak Research Fund Scholarship; Constance Thornton Fellowship; Pump Priming Grant. The assessment panel reserves the right to move an application into another award category if appropriate.