Background and nature
Introduced in 2018 and funded by The Royal College of Radiologists, this award is intended to reward undergraduate oncology societies who have been active during the preceding year. The scoring process for applications will place particular value on societies that have a plan for sustainability and those that have been innovative in their activities.
£200 to be used to fund a society event.
The award is open to any undergraduate oncology society at any UK medical school. The lead applicant should usually be the medical student lead/co-lead for the society.
How to apply
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com by 17:00 pm on Friday 6 March 2020 and must include all of the following:
- Name of society
- Named applicant (normally the lead for the society) full name, address, and medical school affiliation
- A letter of support from a member or Fellow of the RCR (trainee or consultant)
- A detailed description of the societies activities covering the following areas:
- Background and aims of the society (how and why was it established) (max. 200 words)
- A detailed description of the activity of the society over the past year to include details of events etc. run by the society
(max. 500 words)
- An outline of the sustainability plan for the society (to include membership numbers and plans to maintain/increase membership) (max. 200 words)
- A summary of the societies future plans (max. 200 words)
How applications will be assessed
Applications will be assessed and awarded by the RCR's clinical oncology undergraduate steering committee. The following criteria will be considered:
- Level and breadth of activity
- Innovation and excellence
- Future plans and evidence of sustainability.
*Successful applicants may be invited to present the results of their work at an appropriate RCR meeting.
Enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org