Academic oncology and research
The College aims to increase the number of research-active clinical oncologists and the quality of oncology research in the UK. We do this by:
- Publishing Clinical Oncology, an international journal bringing you high quality original research, informative editorials and state-of-the-art reviews on all aspects of the clinical management of cancer patients.
- Actively supporting trainees and consultant clinical oncologists commencing research or developing their research interests
- Ensuring research skills are given a high priority in the training curriculum
- Offering fellowship schemes, independently and with Cancer Research UK, to support and nurture the research careers of clinical oncologists
- Organising meetings to provide research career guidance.