At The Royal College of Radiologists we are committed to protecting your privacy.
Who we are
The Royal College of Radiologists is a charity that works with our Fellows and members to improve the standard of medical practice across the fields of clinical radiology and clinical oncology. The Royal College of Radiologists is a registered charity (no.211540). The registered address is 63 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London, WC2A 3JW.
The College Data Protection Officer can be contacted on email@example.com
What type of information is collected about you?
The personal and sensitive data we may collect will include your:
- Contact details
- Date of birth
- Training scheme
- Place of work
Why we need this information
We collect and process your data so that we can:
- Administer your membership
- Manage invoicing requests
- Support enrolment for specialty training
- Record potential conflicts of interests for our volunteers
- Provide online event booking
- Administer the end of year continuing professional development processing
- Give members access to update their mailing preferences of registered users
- Managing single sign on processes for RCR member benefits or services such as RCR Life, iRefer, eLearning for Healthcare, the ePortfolio, RCR Learning, Clinical Radiology, Clinical Oncology and the CPD video library
- To administer submissions to scientific and audit poster competitions
- To capture speaker information for speakers at our annual conference
- To provide CPD points to those completing case of the day at our annual conference
- To keep Case of the Month and Audit Template submitters updated regarding the progress of their submissions
- Recording details of attendance at Admissions Ceremonies
- Collecting details of members who wish to apply to be Advisory Appointment Committees
- Collecting information from people wishing to use our international teaching resources and guidance implementation tools
- Managing requests from people who wish for us to provide certificates and verification of qualifications.
It also helps us:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with membership services and member benefits (for example to provide you with copies of and electronic access to our journal and other relevant publications).
- To provide you with information, details of events, services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- Where you have applied to a third party for a member benefit (such as, by way of example, an app or membership of the European Society of Radiology) to confirm to them that you are a Fellow or member of the RCR and therefore entitled to the benefit
- To notify you about changes to our service.
These activities (conducted either by the RCR or a third party) are counted under legitimate interests according to Article 6(1) (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Who do we share your information with?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are under a duty to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation
- To protect the rights, property or safety of RCR or others
- To allow you to receive any membership services or member benefits which are provided by a third party (for example, access to the ePortfolio); and/or
- To provide any services that you ask us to carry out either through the website or otherwise (including, for example, for equivalence purposes).
Disclosure may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The RCR will not share your information for marketing purposes with any third parties
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to ask us to provide you with access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data. Providing you this information is free of charge, but charges may apply for excessive requests. To do this please email or write to us (FAO: Data Protection Officer, The Royal College of Radiologists, 63 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3JW).
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. In order to assist us with ensuring your personal information is up to date either contact the Membership Officer or update your details online at www.rcr.ac.uk and log on to MyRCR.
If you don't want to receive emails or hard copy mail from us, please amend your preferences in the MyRCR section of the website. You may ask us to correct or remove information if you think it is inaccurate.
You have the right to ask us to provide you with the personal data you have provided to us in an electronic format or to ask us to provide it to a third party.
Any complaints regarding the method in which we handle your data may be logged by sending an e-mail to complaints or sending a letter to our registered address for the attention of the Chief Executive.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Officer.
Where does information go?
Personal data will be sent overseas to Hong Kong and India and Singapore in order to administer our examinations. When your personal data is to be transferred to countries or territories outside the European Union (EU), we will ensure that the level of security is appropriate to the type of data and anticipated risks. For example, special categories of personal data will either be sent by special delivery or, if transferred by e-mail, via SFTP
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for as long as you remain a member of College We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data, to exercise this right please contact the Data Protection Officer.
Contact us about data protection
To exercise all relevant rights, or for queries or complaints please contact the Data Protection Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org
This privacy notice was last updated in May 2018.