Join the RadReach Steering Group
The RadReach steering group is responsible for organising and delivering the RadReach mentoring scheme together with a programme of events to encourage greater diversity and equity of opportunity within oncology and radiology through mentorship, advocacy, and professional development.
The Steering Group
The steering group currently consists of:
- Two Officers of the RCR
- One representative of the RCR EDI Committee
- An Executive Director or Head of Team of the RCR
- Four appointed members, of whom:
- One representative of WPMN
- One specialty trainee
- Two RCR member/Fellows*
- *Comprising of one clinical oncology & one clinical radiologist member or Fellow
- Co-opted members as follows:
- Three RadReach Co-Founders
- Two RCR Fairer Training Outcome Fellows (CR/CO)
The Steering Group will
- Ensure effective governance and oversight of RadReach activities
- Draft and agree the annual programme and its plan for its promotion
- Review data analysis and reports
- Review RadReach and its impact
- Review key stakeholders and its engagement with them including partnership working
- Joining the steering group presents a significant opportunity to be involved in widening participation, and or developing your portfolio of widening participation work
If appointed, you would be expected
- To attend steering group meetings three times a year on dates to be agreed unless exceptionally required to transact urgent business as the programme of activity dictates. Meetings will usually be held via remote/virtual means.
- Members who fail to attend two consecutive steering group meetings may be removed from membership of the steering group.
- To consider or determine matters electronically between meetings and are expected to contribute to such considerations or decisions as part of their duties.
- Abide by any stated or implied confidentiality that relates to the work of the steering group during or after any period of membership.
- Comply with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as regards processing of any personal data where it is made available to them as part of their work.
- Applications for membership will be assessed by members of the RadReach steering group and successful candidates will be informed of the outcome.
Term of office
The term of office will be for three years.
Am I eligible and how to apply?
To apply consideration will be given to eligible candidates’ lived experience of one or more widening participation criteria, and their ability to evidence their commitment to widening participation in clinical oncology and clinical radiology.
Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions or would like information about the role.