Supervisor skills - open for expressions of interest
The Supervisor Skills course introduces the General Medical Council (GMC) requirements for the roles of named educational and clinical supervisors and provides training for those roles to the GMC benchmark. The course content maps to the Academy of Medical Educators standards and will fulfil the requirements for recognition as a trainer for the General Medical Council. The RCR Supervisor Skills course meets all five core values for medical educators of the Academy of Medical Educators.
6 CPD credits will be awarded on completion of this course. Please note this event is not being recorded and will not be available on-demand post event.
- Identify and differentiate the roles of clinical and educational supervisors
- Describe the standards which supervisors are expected to meet
- Set clear SMART objectives for personal development plans
- Understand how to execute beneficial appraisals and provide appropriate and effective feedback
- Explain and understand the assessment system and how trainees’ performance is assessed in the workplace
Online via zoom
Who should attend?
- Consultants, specialty or specialist doctors who have some experience of UK training to become an educational and clinical supervisor for clinical radiology or clinical oncology specialist trainees
- Senior trainees in their last year of training
This course assumes prior knowledge of UK training as a former trainee, or previous work in a UK teaching department. Delegates are expected to participate in all activities at this interactive workshop.
Expression of interest form
‘Fantastic course, good speakers, well-timed and very efficient’
‘Really enjoyed it, the pacing was great and the comments discussion boxes worked really well. The online format made it so easy to login and get the most out of it’
Partner with the RCR
A partnership with the RCR offers your company the opportunity to form a mutually beneficial relationship, built on collaboration and connection. The RCR offers a variety of ways to get involved, including our new Annual Partnership packages, one and two-day events and our e-learning resources.
- Be a valuable part of the RCR’s growing community
- Network and engage face-to-face and online with multidisciplinary audiences
- Share details of new products and services
- Support and invest in the RCR’s mission: supporting excellence in medical imaging and cancer treatment.
If you are interested in partnering with us at this event or future events, please contact Hannah Walker, Corporate Partnerships Officer.