We are delighted to announce two opportunities to join our popular Management skills for radiologists’ course in 2024.
This blended learning course has been designed to provide essential management tools to run an efficient and effective department for existing and aspiring clinical leaders and directors in radiology.
Pre-recorded lectures will focus on the business-as-usual aspects of managing a busy radiology service, including job planning and business case writing. This will be supplemented by a full day, in person module delivering workshop-based sessions with real case studies to highlight some novel ways of structuring healthcare systems driving innovation and efficiency with increased safety and better outcomes for patients. The course will comprise of three modules delivered across three weeks.
16 CPD points will be awarded on completion of this course. Please note this event will not be available to view on-demand post event.
- Hear strategies on how to achieve effectiveness and efficiency in a radiology department and how to make change happen
- Get updates on the current thinking in radiology management including GIRFT and RCR updates (incorporating the recent RCR census)
- Understand the ‘nuts and bolts’ of being a Clinical Director - including job planning and business case writing and an update on appraisal and revalidation with a focus on supporting doctors in difficulty
- Hear about networks and Community Diagnostic Hubs
Who should attend?
For existing and aspiring clinical leaders and directors in radiology.
We will be providing delegates with the opportunity to interact online before and during the course. Ice breaker exercises and pre-module reading will be part of the course and will contribute to the CPD credits.
Delegates must participate in all parts of the course to receive the full CPD credit allocation.
Dr Qaiser Malik, Consultant MSK Radiologist and Clinical Director of Radiology, Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust
Dr Malik graduated from Imperial College School of Medicine. He is an Honorary Senior Lecturer for University College London Medical School and the Clinical Lead for the East 2 Imaging Network. Dr Malik also served on the RCR’s Scientific Programme Committee for seven years and was previously the RCR Newsletter editor for two years.
Dr Malik has a keen interest in musculoskeletal MRI and ultrasound (US), including US-guided procedures. He also specialises in imaging and treating sports injuries and has been involved in the care of elite athletes.
This blended learning course will include pre-recorded lectures, a half-day course online or on-demand via Zoom on 5 June 2024, followed by a full day in-person workshop on 19 June 2024 at:
The Royal College of Radiologists
63 Lincoln’s Inn Fields
‘The blended learning structure works well and makes it easy to access. I’ll be recommending this course’
‘Fantastic speakers with great command on their subject. Will definitely attend future similar workshops’
Partner with the RCR
A partnership with the RCR offers your company the opportunity to form a mutually beneficial relationship, built on collaboration and connection. The RCR offers a variety of ways to get involved, including our new Annual Partnership packages, one and two-day events and our e-learning resources.
- Be a valuable part of the RCR’s growing community
- Network and engage face-to-face and online with multidisciplinary audiences
- Share details of new products and services
- Support and invest in the RCR’s mission: supporting excellence in medical imaging and cancer treatment.
If you are interested in partnering with us at this event or future events, please contact Hannah Walker, Corporate Partnerships Officer.