Become an RCR member
How to join
- Please apply for membership of the RCR online.
- If you are a doctor working in a non-training post in clinical oncology or clinical radiology, who does not hold a postgraduate qualification in Clinical Oncology or Clinical Radiology, please contact the membership team to enquire about joining the RCR.
- You will need to create an online account first, using the Register option at the top of the page.
- Once you have created an online account, please use the My membership tab to apply for membership.
- You will be required to fill in some personal details, such as your address and your contact information.
- You will be asked a series of questions to determine your eligibility for membership and if you are eligible you will be required to submit documents pertaining to your application.
- If you are applying for UK or Overseas Membership, you will be required to submit copies of your postgraduate certificate and evidence of your GMC (or local equivalent) registration.
- If you are applying for Specialist Trainee Membership, you will be required to submit evidence of your training role and of your GMC (or local equivalent) registration.
- If you are applying for Associate (non-training) Membership, you will be required to submit evidence of your professional role and evidence of your GMC (or local equivalent) registration.
- If you are applying for IPEM Associate (non-training) Membership, you will be required to submit evidence of your professional role and confirmation of your IPEM membership.
- Please ensure that any documents not in English are professionally translated.
- Please ensure you submit the correct documentation to ensure your application is not delayed.
- When your application has been submitted, it will then be reviewed by the Membership Engagement Team. This can take up to ten working days to be completed.
Finalising your membership
- Once we have reviewed your membership application you will be informed via your online account whether your application has been successful. You may also be required to revisit your application, for example if we require further documentation from you.
- If your application is successful, you will need to make an online payment for your membership fees to activate your RCR membership. This will be displayed on the My membership tab of your online RCR account.
- Unless you join in June at the start of the membership year, the subscription fees are a pro-rata amount, based on when you join the RCR. The full fees will be due at the beginning of the next membership year.
- Direct debit payments are not available for new members, but if you are a UK member, you can set up a direct debit for membership fees for the following year.
- Following payment, we will make your account active and email you the final details of you membership.
- Please note that membership of the RCR does not entitle you to use MRCR after your name, or the designated letters of FRCR, which are only applicable to Fellows.
- Find out about all of the benefits of membership.