Your College Needs You
We’re pleased to announce that we have several exciting UK Fellow-only roles open for election in 2023. RCR elections are your opportunity to get involved in the work of the College and your Faculty.
Fellows play a crucial role in the ongoing development and future of the College, helping to steer and influence policy, training, practice and standards, among other things. Our Officers, Board and Committee members also have the opportunity to represent the RCR, their Faculty and the interests of the wider membership in our wider external affairs work.
There are seven roles for election, and please see more information on the role descriptions below:
- Vice-President for Clinical Radiology
- Medical Director, Education and Training, Clinical Oncology
- Clinical Radiology member of the Professional Support and Standards Board
- Specialty Training Board (Three clinical radiology members and one clinical oncology member)
Please consider standing for election, if you would like to:
- have a national and global influence on our specialties
- expand your professional expertise and network
- have the opportunity to work alongside like-minded peers to shape the future of radiology and oncology.
Nominations are open from 1 December 2022 until 3 January 2023.
- Nominations can only be submitted by UK Fellows in good standing using the online form
- To be nominated, you must be a UK Fellow in good standing, hold a current licence to practise and be in active clinical practice at the time of close of nominations
- You will need the support of two nominators
- You may submit a maximum 100–word statement
If you wish to serve as an Officer or as a Council member for either Faculty, you must be eligible to serve as a trustee of the College as a registered charity. Please see the Charity Commission’s guidance on this. Please read section 3.1 of the guidance to make sure that you are eligible to serve as a trustee before you seek nomination.
Vice-President for Clinical Radiology 2023–2026
The Vice-President, Clinical Radiology (CR), heads the CR Faculty and ensures that it is positioned to lead the CR specialty across the UK and overseas. The Vice-President leads Fellow CR Officers and the Faculty Board across the entire range of Faculty functions.
Medical Director, Education and Training, Clinical Oncology 2023–2026
The Medical Director, Education and Training (MDET), leads on and takes responsibility for all aspects of specialty training work and related matters of the Faculty, including FRCR examinations and other assessment work.
Clinical Radiology member of the Professional Support and Standards Board 2023–2026
The Professional Support and Standards Board develops professional guidance and guidelines and issues advice to the membership on all aspects of professional practice after completion of training. It is responsible to the Faculty Board for those functions and programmes of work to fulfil and realise the Faculty plan in support of the College Strategy.
Specialty Training Board (Three clinical radiology members and one clinical oncology member) 2023–2026
The Specialty Training Board is responsible for all specialty training from the selection of trainees through to entry to the GMC’s Specialist Register. This includes agreeing the processes for recruitment into training, defining the training curriculum and assessment system, quality assurance of training, and providing support to trainers and trainees. There are three Board meetings a year: one in person and two virtually.
If you have questions about any of the roles, please contact email@example.com.