Revalidation reflective template
The GMC recognises that reflection has an integral role in learning and improving practice, and it is an important element of the annual appraisal and revalidation process. As part of the five-yearly revalidation cycle, the annual appraisal requires doctors to document their reflections to demonstrate insight into their work.
Revalidation and CPD reflection template
The RCR provides a revalidation reflective template, which can be used by clinical oncologists to help structure their reflections on all different types of activities and/or events required for appraisal and revalidation.
Two credits can be claimed for completing the template, one for reflecting on activities undertaken and one for the impact the activity has had on your professional practice
Guidance on documenting reflection is provided through a series of oncology reflective templates examples.
Members and Fellows should also refer to our CPD section for links to further useful resources for appraisal and revalidation.
Clinical radiology examples of reflection for appraisal and revalidation
The RCR guidance on reflection is provided through a series of examples of the revalidation template being used effectively by clinical radiologists to document reflections on all the different types of supporting information required by revalidation: CPD, quality improvement activity, significant events, patient and colleague feedback, and complaints and compliments.
- Reflection on CPD - RSNA presentation, 2014
- Reflection on audit/quality improvement activity - Departmental discrepancy meeting
- Reflection on complaint - Responding to a patients' complaint
These are intended for guidance only.
We are working on providing examples to cover all of the areas required by revalidation. More examples should be available in due course.
Other clinical radiology resources
- RCR guidance: Standards for Learning from Discrepancies meetings
- RCR guidance: Quallity Assurance in Radiology Reporting: Peer Feedback
- RCR guidance: Cancer multidisciplinary team meetings – standards for clinical radiologists, Second edition
- RCR Revalidation Helpdesk response to queries from clinical radiologists, without any direct patient contact, regarding patient feedback for revalidation