Background and nature
The prize is intended to reward medical students, junior doctors, trainees or consultants who have developed and implemented innovative projects in the field of undergraduate education. Projects could include activities related to undergraduate societies, innovative teaching and learning methods aimed at undergraduates, or any other activity related to the education of undergraduates in radiology.
Applicants are encouraged to be innovative in their projects and projects that have potential national applications will be particularly highly evaluated.
UK medical students, junior doctors, radiology trainees, and consultants
How to apply
Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17:00 pm on Friday 19 February 2021 and must include all of the following:
- Name of society (if member/s of an undergraduate radiology society)
- Applicants full name, address, and medical school affiliation
- A brief curriculum vitae
- A letter of support from a member or Fellow of the RCR (trainees or consultants)
- A detailed description of the project to include:
- Background and purpose of the project (max. 200 words)
- A detailed description of the teaching/educational project undertaken with specific consideration to the applicant's involvement in the project (max. 500 words)
- Explanation and reflection on the outcome of the project (max. 500 words)
- A summary of the applicant's future plans for the project (max. 200 words)
How applications will be assessed
Applications will be assessed and awarded by the RCR's undergraduate radiology steering committee. The following criteria will be considered:
- Relevance to undergraduate education and radiology education
- Excellence and sustainability of the project
- Outcomes of the project
- Possibility of national application
*Successful applicants will be invited to present a talk about their work at the appropriate RCR meeting.
Enquiries should be directed to email@example.com