Research ‘Recipe Book’
From August 2012, radiology trainees were required to undertake a research activity as part of their training. Research is recognised to be an important component of the curriculum. The College has produced a ‘Research Recipe Book’, designed to be of assistance to trainees undertaking their research projects. This resource will help guide a trainee through a research project from its inception to its conclusion. The individual guides provide useful information with references to further details where required. Trainees are not expected to undertake a whole project from start to finish but to participate in an existing project or to develop a hypothetical project. The aim of this practical piece of work is to aid a deep understanding of a particular aspect of research methodology.
- Performing a Literature Search (written by Dr Elspeth Whitby)
- Developing a Research Question (written by Dr Adam Waldman)
- Writing a Research Protocol (written by Professor Stuart Taylor)
- Submitting an Ethics Application (written by Professor David Lomas)
- Analysing a Data Set (written by Dr Declan O’Regan)
- Undertaking a Meta-Analysis (written by Dr Julie Cox)
With thanks to the Academic Committee of the RCR for the production of these guides.
The Academic Committee have produced a template for a 'Departmental CV' which may be useful for recording departmental research output and activity.
The template can be downloaded here
More useful resources can be found here