Guidance for training
The following links and documents are supplied in support of trainees and trainers. If there are resources that you feel should be added to this page, please email the training team.
Specialty training handbook
- Academy of Medical Royal Colleges publication on guidance for reflective practice
- The Medical Protection Society Limited (MPS) information on the legal use of reflective practice and eportfolios
Guidance for training
- Out of Programme Activities (OOPE, OOPR and OOPT)
- Acute on-call guidance: involvement of clinical oncology trainees - guidance from the College (updated January 2015, reviewed January 2017)
- Tax relief for trainees - As of 14 May 2013, all mandatory fees paid by medical trainees throughout their training may be tax-deductible. The College can provide receipts for payments made from 14 May 2013, please contact email@example.com. For more information about the legislation or to find out how to receive this tax relief please visit the HMRC website.
The currency of examinations - Where trainees enter an approved training programme and wish to record previously undertaken exams in their chosen specialty, the RCR will adopt the guidance of the GMC. The GMC guidance on the currency of exams states "An examination may be taken before the candidate enters the relevant GMC-approved training programme or when they are on a break in the programme. In this scenario, the pass will be considered current as long as the candidate enters or re-enters the programme within seven years of passing the examination and satisfies any other currency requirements determined by the relevant royal college or faculty."
The Oncology Registrars Forum (ORF) provides additional content on their "Resources for Trainees" page
Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on clinical oncology academic trainees (published 30 June 2020)
Guidance for trainers
- Regional Specialty Advisers
- College tutor terms of reference
- Guidance on SPA time and postgraduate education
- Guidance on trainee induction
- Cross cover guidance from HEE
- Supervisor skills training days
- HEE "Enhancing supervision for postgraduate doctors in training"
- HEE Quality Framework 2017-18
- Educational oncology links
- Glossary of educational terms
- The Gold Guide 2017: A Reference Guide for Postgraduate Medical Training in the UK
Other Useful Information and Links
The RCR is not responsible for the content of external internet sites