Closing date: Monday 4 March 2019
Background and nature of award
A new annual award funded by the Royal College of Radiologists to recognise and reward innovation and excellence in undergraduate oncology education.
This prize is intended to reward medical students, clinical oncology trainees or consultants who have developed and implemented innovative projects in the field of undergraduate education. Projects could include activities related to undergraduate societies, innovative teaching and learning methods aimed at undergraduates or any other activity related to the education of undergraduates in oncology. Applicants are encouraged to be innovative in their projects and projects that have potential national applications will be particularly highly evaluated.
UK medical students, clinical oncology trainees and consultants
How to apply
Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday 4 March 2019 and must include all of the following:
- Applicants full name, address and medical school affiliation
- A brief curriculum vitae
- A letter of support from a member or Fellow of the RCR (trainees or consultants)
- A detailed description of the project to include:
- Background and purpose of the project (max. 200 words)
- A detailed description of the teaching/educational project undertaken with specific consideration to the applicant's involvement in the project (max. 500 words)
- Explanation and reflection on the outcome of the project (max. 500 words)
- A summary of the applicant's future plans for the project (max. 200 words)
How applications will be assessed
Applications will be assessed and awarded by the College's Clinical Oncology Undergraduate Steering Group. Criteria considered will include the following:
- Relevance to undergraduate education and oncology education
- Excellence and sustainability of the project
- Outcomes of the project
- Possibility of national application
*Successful applicants may be invited to present the results of their work at an appropriate RCR meeting.