Background and nature
The Royal College of Radiologists annually funds five bursaries of £300 each (increased in 2019). The bursaries are intended to support medical students wishing to undertake an elective period of study in clinical oncology in the UK or abroad and should be used for travel/accommodation and subsistence costs. Priority will be given to electives with a focus on radiotherapy. Applications are invited from UK clinical undergraduate medical students only.
At the end of the elective, the successful applicants will be required to render a report to the RCR. Reports from previous recipients are available.
Up to £300 each
UK medical students only
How to apply
Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17:00 pm Friday 6 March 2020. Applications must include all the following:
- The student's full name, permanent address, and medical school
- A brief curriculum vitae
- A detailed breakdown of the intended project and what the funding will be used for
- A letter of support from a consultant clinical oncologist associated with the student’s medical school, with whom the project has been discussed.
How applications will be assessed
- Applications should be sent by email only to email@example.com at the Royal College of Radiologists to arrive no later than 6 March 2020.
- Applications will be assessed by the clinical oncology undergraduate steering committee. The decision of the committee is final and binding.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application as soon as possible after the closing date.
- Winners will be invited to receive their bursary at the undergraduate oncology day, Friday 1 May 2020 and may be invited to deliver a presentation on their elective.
Criteria to be assessed
- Level and breadth of activity
- Innovation and excellence
- Future plans and evidence of sustainability.
*Successful applicants are required to present the results of their work at the appropriate RCR meeting.
Enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org