The Royal College of Radiologists (‘RCR’) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We may from time to time use personal data otherwise than in accordance with this policy. Where this is the case you will be informed before such use.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller is The Royal College of Radiologists of The Royal College of Radiologists, 63 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3JW.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the GDPR is our Data Protection Officer.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.rcr.ac.uk (‘our site’). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders; and/or
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To provide you with membership services and enhanced member benefits (for example to provide you with copies of and electronic access to our journal and other relevant publications)
- To provide you with information, details of events, services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- Where you have applied to a third party for a member benefit (such as, by way of example, an app or membership of the European Society of Radiology) to confirm to such third party that you are a member or fellow of the RCR and therefore entitled to such member benefit; and/or
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, email or telephone.
We may provide anonymised and/or aggregated data (including, but not limited to, diversity data) to third parties.
We will not sell your data to any third parties.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of RCR or others;
- To allow you to receive any membership services or member benefit which is provided by a third party (for example, access to the ePortfolio); and/or
- To provide any services that you ask us to carry out either through the website or otherwise (including, for example, for equivalence purposes).
Disclosure may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites operated by third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Access requests are free of charge.