iRefer: making the best use of clinical radiology, eighth edition
The essential radiological investigation guidelines from The Royal College of Radiologists.
- Conforms to the highest evidence-based standards
- Protects the patient from unnecessary ionising radiation
- Supports early diagnosis, which can shorten patient management pathways
- Provides recommendations based on current, evidence-based guidelines, focusing on those most relevant to primary and emergency care
- Provides the evidence base for which imaging resources can be used efficiently and effectively, while providing a rational basis to ensure the best use of time and other resources in clinical radiology
- Offers some guidance for asymptomatic individuals.