The RCR is working with technology partner MedCurrent to deliver iRefer in clinical decision support (iRefer CDS) software. The implementation of iRefer CDS will require iRefer to be kept up to date, we are therefore exploring a new, more continuous approach to reviewing content.
The RCR has put in place a team of Editors, led by Lead Editor Dr Ashley Shaw to work with the College's Clinical Radiology Special Interest Groups to review the guidelines. This review will update the existing guidelines' content and also look at the scope of the guidelines as a whole, to identify potential new guidelines for development. New and revised guidelines will be approved by the Clinical Radiology Professional Support and Standards Board.
If you would like more information about this process, have suggestions for areas to be revised or developed, or would be interested in being involved, please contact the iRefer Project Manager.
The iRefer editing team is:
- Dr Ashley Shaw, Consultant Radiologist and Medical Director Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust: Lead Editor
- Dr Kunwar Bhatia, Consultant Radiologist Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust: ENT, Dental and maxilofacial guidelines
- Dr Stephen Fenn, Consultant Radiologist Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Urology and Adrenal, Trauma (urology) guidelines:
- Dr Deepa Gopalan, Head of Specialty Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust: Chest (thoracic and cardiac), Interventional, Nuclear Medicine, Trauma (chest) guidelines
- Dr Owen Arthurs Great Ormand Street Hospital (GOSH): Paediatric guidelines
- Dr Maya Jafari, Consultant Musculoskeletal Radiologist, South Tees Hospitals NHS Trust: Musculo-skeletal, Trauma (MSK) guidelines
- Dr Ketan Jethwa, RCR Fellow and Academic Committee member, Radiologist University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Trust: Breast, Obstetrics & Gynaecology guidelines, review quality and academic aspects
- Dr Jaymin Patel, Consultant Radiologist, St Georges University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust: Gastro-intestinal, Trauma (abdominal) guidelines
- Dr Daniel Scoffings, Consultant Neuroradiologist, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust: Neurological system guidelines