Important COVID-19 guidelines
Please ensure you have read our latest statements on COVID-19 and RCR examinations before applying for or attending an examination. If you feel unwell or display symptoms you should not attend the examination. Social distancing rules and cleaning guidelines will be applied by each venue on an individual basis in line with government guidance and candidates should adhere to these.
In the context of the continuing COVID-19 pandemic it has been necessary to make changes to how the Final FRCR Part A examination is delivered for the remainder of 2020. The content, number of questions, duration and process of establishing the passing standard has not changed. The examination will be offered online at a local venue for all trainees – in most cases this will be within training programmes.
Please direct any examinations queries to email@example.com or 020 7406 5905.
Purpose of assessment
The Final FRCR (Part A) single best answer (SBA) papers examine candidates on all aspects of clinical radiology and the basic sciences of physics, anatomy and techniques, against the Specialty Training Curriculum for Clinical Radiology. The Final FRCR Examination purpose of assessment statement details the examination's purpose, the required level of candidate training and the application of results. It is hoped that the statement will assist candidates, and those involved in their training, in understanding the scope of the FRCR examination and with relating the examination to other in-training assessments. The Final FRCR (Part A) examination comprises two papers, each containing 120 questions and covering a broad range of the core curriculum.
Dates, Fees & Venues
Specific information is available in the dates and fees document.
How to apply
Applicants should ensure they have read the examination regulations before applying.
- Please read the guidance notes for candidates.
- Sample SBA questions for the Final FRCR (Part A) Examination are provided.
- Candidates are supplied with a candidate reference sheet for use during the examination.
- Examiners have developed guidance for candidates to help understand the SBA format and how to approach questions – this document also provides questions that have been used previously in the Final FRCR (Part A) Examination.
- Examiners have also provided guidance for candidates on TNM Staging – this document explains the knowledge required to answer questions related to this topic.