FRCR examinations updates
Our examination updates address any changes made to our FRCR examinations:
Purpose of assessment
The Final FRCR (Part A) single best answer (SBA) papers examine candidates on all aspects of clinical radiology and the basic sciences of physics, anatomy and techniques, against the Specialty Training Curriculum for Clinical Radiology. The Final FRCR Examination purpose of assessment statement details the examination's purpose, the required level of candidate training and the application of results. It is hoped that the statement will assist candidates, and those involved in their training, in understanding the scope of the FRCR examination and with relating the examination to other in-training assessments. The Final FRCR (Part A) examination comprises two papers, each containing 120 questions and covering a broad range of the core curriculum.
Before you apply
- Please read our instructions on how to prepare before you apply for an examination.
- To help your application go smoothly, make sure you can log in to your website account in advance.
- If you can’t remember your login details, use the forgotten password or forgotten email links or contact us for support. Do not create another account
- Applications will open at 9:00 and will close at 17:00 (UK time) on the closing date for each priority.
Dates and fees
How to apply
Applicants should ensure they have read the examination regulations before applying.
Applications for this examination are not currently open
- Please watch the Speedwell instructional video before you attempt the examination
- Instructions on how to prepare before you apply for an examination
- Guidance notes for this examination
- Sample SBA questions for candidates
- Candidate reference sheet for use during the examination.
- Understand the SBA format and how to approach questions – this document also provides questions that have been used previously in the Final FRCR (Part A) Examination.
- Guidance for candidates on TNM Staging – this document explains the knowledge required to answer questions related to this topic.