Background and nature
The bursaries are intended to support medical students undertaking an elective period of study in clinical radiology in the UK or abroad (to be completed before the end of 2021). Applications are invited from UK undergraduate medical students only.
One of the five bursaries is reserved for an applicant who will be performing a research or quality improvement project during their elective, or who will be involved in an established research programme.
Successful applicants will be required to submit a report to the RCR, three months after the end of their elective. Reports from previous recipients are available.
Elective bursaries Coronavirus (Covid-19) updates:
- There are no reports from winners of the 2020 elective bursaries
- Winners of the elective bursaries will be awarded at the discretion of the undergraduate radiology steering committee.
£300 per bursary.
UK medical students only
Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17:00 pm Friday 19 February 2021. Applications must include all the following:
- The student's full name, permanent address, and medical school
- A brief curriculum vitae
- A detailed breakdown of the intended project and what the funding will be used for
- A letter of support from a consultant clinical radiologist associated with the student’s medical school, with whom the project has been discussed.
How applications will be assessed
- Applications should be sent by email only to email@example.com at the Royal College of Radiologists to arrive no later than 17:00 pm Friday 19 February 2021.
- Applications will be assessed by the clinical radiology undergraduate steering committee. The decision of the steering committee is final and binding.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application as soon as possible after the closing date.
- Winners will be invited to receive their bursary at the undergraduate radiology day, Monday 7 June 2021.
Criteria to be assessed
- Compliance with application requirements
- Project description
- Educational outcomes
*One successful applicant will be invited to present their work at the appropriate RCR meeting.