OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS
The clinical radiology undergraduate essay prize is for an essay either on a topic relevant to clinical radiology or describing a personal experience of working in a department of clinical radiology during an elective period or vacation.
Funded by the family of Dr Steven Carstairs, this is one of two prizes intended to enhance medical students' experience of clinical radiology. A list of previous recipients is available.
UK medical students
How to apply
Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 17:00 pm Friday 31 March 2023. The clinical radiology undergraduate committee will consider the applications and decide on a winning essay. Their decision is final and binding. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application as soon as possible after the decision.
Applications should include:
- An indication of which prize the application is for.
- The student's full name, permanent address, and medical school.
- The essay, which should not exceed 4000 words (including references and tables). Please note that only the first 4000 words will be assessed.
- A supporting statement from a Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists or Medical school/project lead, who is aware of the student's work, confirming the research is the original work of the applicant.
Applicants that are also applying for the Steven Carstairs Research Prize should submit a different title/paper.
- Background information/research
- Relevance of subject matter
- Essay structure and presentation
- Quality of report
Enquiries should be directed to email@example.com