Specialty standards and supporting information for revalidation
The RCR has produced Specialty standards and supporting information for revalidation for clinical oncologists and clinical radiologists. This was approved by the GMC in January 2010.
The document contains two checklists – one for clinical oncology and one for clinical radiology – which list the types of supporting information (both generic and specialty-specific) that Fellows and members could use for revalidation.
Tools for revalidation
The RCR is developing a series of tools which Fellows and members can use to collect the supporting information required for revalidation. Once completed, the tools will be published in electronic format on the College’s website.
The RCR would also recommend using these methods to help improve professional practice, irrespective of when the first round of revalidation is implemented.
As the revalidation process develops and changes with implementation, the RCR will review its tools and would expect the portfolio to evolve. Any feedback to assist with this process would be most welcome. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical radiology revalidation tools published to date
- Multisource feedback: recommended specialty-specific questions, generic questions related to performance and guidance for use - WORD I PDF
- Personal reflection on discrepancies and adverse events - WORD I PDF
- Self-review of practice for diagnostic radiologists - WORD I PDF
- Self-review of practice for clinical radiologists undertaking interventional procedures - WORD I PDF
- Recording attendance at radiology discrepancy meetings - WORD I PDF
- Case-based discussion for diagnostic radiologists - WORD I PDF
Generic revalidation tools published to date
- Reflection on complaints: a tool for clinical oncologists and clinical radiologists - WORD I PDF
- Reflection on compliments: a tool for clinical oncologists and clinical radiologists - WORD I PDF
- Reflection on serious untoward incidents (SUIs): a tool for clinical oncologists and clinical radiologists - WORD I PDF
- Revalidation audit tool - WORD I PDF
- Revalidation continuing professional development (CPD) summary tool - WORD I PDF
- Reflection on ‘near miss’ incidents: a tool for clinical oncologists and clinical radiologists - WORD I PDF
- Attendance at mandatory training: a tool for clinical oncologists and clinical radiologists - WORD I PDF
- Supporting information for health for use in appraisal and revalidation - WORD I PDF
- Supporting information for probity for use in appraisal and revalidation - WORD I PDF
- Standards for Self-Assessment of Performance – includes a range of methods for monitoring personal professional performance
- Standards for Learning from Discrepancies meetings – including recommendations for attendance rates and documentation of cases discussed
- Cancer Multidisciplinary Team Meetings – Standards for Clinical Radiologists, Second edition – includes recommendations for attendance and dealing with discrepancies
- Standards for patient confidentiality and PACS – guidance on professional standards for confidentiality related to radiologists’ routine work, teaching and research
- Standards for the communication of critical, urgent and unexpected significant radiological findings – includes professional guidance on compliance with NPSA safer practice notice 16 and recording of action taken
- AuditLive – a selection of recommended audits