Open for applications
Closing Date: 14 July 2023
The grants are awarded to a clinical radiologist to undertake a research project or further a radiological interest in the UK or abroad.
2 awards of up to £40,000 each.
The Fellowships are open to Fellows and Members of the Faculty of Clinical Radiology radiologists-in-training, early-mid career NHS consultants within ten years of completion of training to develop their research, or NHS consultants at any stage but new to research who hope to develop their research experience.
All applicants must read the guidance notes before applying.
Applicants will need to submit:
- A completed application form. The application form requires:
- Details of the proposed project including title, purpose, timing, plan of investigation, methods and techniques of study
- Details of any co-applicants
- Details of public and patient involvement
- A budget plan
- Details of two potential referees, both of which should be consultant clinical radiologists based at different institutions to each other, and to the applicant. The referees should be experts in their field and have no connection to either the project or the applicant(s). The referees will be asked by the RCR to provide external feedback on the merits of the proposed project, NOT the character of the applicant
- A brief curriculum vitae comprising of 2 pages maximum. This should not include a photograph of the applicant
- Letter(s) of support from the research venue and/or project supervisor
- Gantt chart for project (if applicable)
Applications should be sent to email@example.com
Applications are made in open competition and the fellowships are awarded by the Academic Committee based on the recommendation of an assessment panel. The decision of the assessment panel is final and binding. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application in early October.
Any enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that an applicant may only apply for ONE of the following awards in any given year: Kodak Fellowships; Research Bursary; Constance Thornton Fellowship or RCR Seed Grant. The assessment panel reserves the right to move an application into another award category if appropriate.