- To be responsible on behalf of the Professional Learning and Development (PLD) Committee for planning and overseeing the portfolio of professional learning and development offered by the Faculty of Clinical Oncology (CO), in accordance with the strategic framework set by the CO Faculty Board and the PLD Committee
- To identify and collaborate with partner organisations to develop joint products when appropriate
To work with the CR Professional Learning and Development Sub-Committee to develop programmes for joint CO-CR events and sessions at the College’s Annual Scientific Meeting.
- Friday 15 June 2018, 10:30-13:30, The Royal College of Radiologists
- Friday 23 November 2018, 10:30-13:30, The Royal College of Radiologists
- Dr D Gilson
- Dr A M Beale
- Dr J Dickson (Vice-President CO)
- Dr N H Strickland (President)
- Dr F A P Yuille
- Dr A K Bahl
- Dr M S Iqbal
- Dr G Radhakrishna
- Dr W Saleem
- Dr A A F A Salem
- Dr F Soh
- Dr D K Woolf
- To be responsible on behalf of the Professional Learning and Development (PLD) Committee for planning and overseeing the portfolio of professional learning and development offered by the Faculty of Clinical Oncology (CO), in accordance with the strategic framework set by the CO Faculty Board and the PLD Committee.
- To develop the CO portfolio by:
- a) considering proposals for new clinical oncology learning and development opportunities and products
- b) identifying gaps in the current portfolio and identifying suitable products to fill these
- c) reviewing existing CO professional learning and development (PLD) products; ensuring topics remain relevant and popular, and are appropriately delivered
- d) making recommendations to the PLD Committee about new CO products that should be developed, in line with the policy and strategy framework, and about products to be deleted
- e) overseeing the development and implementation of CO initiatives approved by the Committee, including instigating and reviewing pilots where applicable.
- To consider feedback from participants at CO events and users of digital CO learning resources, and make improvements where appropriate
4. To identify and collaborate with partner organisations to develop joint products when appropriate
5. To provide reports to the PLD Committee about its work, including: planned work and the performance of CO products via participant feedback summaries and financial parameters.
6. To work with the CR Professional Learning and Development Sub-Committee to develop programmes for joint CO-CR events and sessions at the College’s Annual Scientific Meeting.
7. To develop and maintain excellent working relationships with commercial companies who may be in a position to provide financial or other appropriate support for College PLD products, in line with the College’s Sponsorship and Commercial Support Policy.
8. To ensure appropriate eponymous lectures are developed and delivered.
9. To ensure all CO PLD products are marketed effectively.
10. The CO Professional Learning and Development Sub-Committee is accountable to the Clinical Oncology Faculty Board and will report to each meeting of the Board.
11. The Sub-Committee will provide data and information about CO PLD products to CO Officers and the Professional Learning and Development Committee as requested.
12. Ex-officio members
- Professional Learning and Development Lead for the CO Faculty, as Chair
- Vice-President, Clinical Oncology
- Medical Director, Professional Practice, CO
- Medical Director, Education and Training, CO
- Head of Professional Learning and Development
- Executive Director, Professional Practice
13. Appointed Members
A representative from the Oncology Registrars’ Forum and at least two other members to provide support for the PLD Lead with the day-to-day work of the Committee.
14. Others. The Sub-Committee will invite other Fellows, members or staff to attend meetings from time to time as needed.
15. Co-opted members
Other members shall be co-opted in order to fill areas of practice or geographical representation or other specific relevant need among the membership. The term of office of any co-optee shall be decided by the Sub-Committee at the time of appointment.
16. All clinical oncologist members of the Sub-Committee shall be in active clinical practice at the time of their appointment, and throughout their term of office.
17. A member who retires during his/her term of shall cease to be a member of the Sub-Committee at the end of that College year.
18. Members will normally serve for a term of three years, with the possibility of renewal for a further year if required for continuity of project work or to facilitate a rolling renewal of membership.
19. Membership should as far as possible reflect:
- the diversity of the profession
- the geographical spread of members and Fellows.
20. Any elected or appointed member of the Sub-Committee shall cease to hold office if s/he fails to participate in person or by video/teleconference in two consecutive meetings without providing an explanation which the Chair considers satisfactory.
21. The Sub-Committee Chair will be the Professional Learning and Development Lead for the CO Faculty.
22. The Chair will usually serve for a term of four years, with the possibility of renewal for a further year if required for continuity of work or to facilitate a rolling renewal of membership. (A Sub-Committee member who is appointed as Chair will not have any period of service as member of the Sub-Committee counted against his or her term of office as Chair.)
23. The Chair will serve as an ex-officio member of the Professional Learning and Development Committee.
24. The duties of the Chair include:
- Chairing all meetings
- Ensuring the Terms of Reference are observed
- Engaging all members of the Sub-Committee in the work being done
25. Ensuring regular reports are made to the Professional Learning and Development Committee.
26. Reviewing the work of the Sub-Committee at least once during his or her term of office and making any recommendations to the Professional Learning and Development Committee.
27. Ensuring that links and liaison are established with other relevant College bodies and Special Interest Groups; and with relevant NHS, HEE and other bodies in the four UK countries.
28. The quorum shall be three, one of whom must be a CO Officer.
29. There will normally be three meetings of the Sub-Committee per year in the spring, the summer and the autumn.
30. Meetings will normally take place at the College in London, although it may be necessary for the Sub-Committee to meet once a year at the venue for the Annual Scientific Meeting event.
Confidentiality and data protection
31. Members will need to abide by any stated or implied confidentiality that attaches to the work of the Sub-Committee during or after any period of membership.
Members will need to comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 as regards processing and disclosure of any personal data where it is made available to them as part of the work of the Sub-Committee.