The committee members' duties are to review and develop the College’s international web pages. The committee also identifies international projects and activities being run or developed by others, where the RCR could contribute by way of materials, advice or teaching/training through our Fellows and members. Finally, the committee assists in generating interest and involvement in the College international activity so there is a growing and sustainable cohort of volunteer Fellows and members who can offer expertise from the College’s two Faculties to relevant international projects.
The International Committee is accountable to the Joint Officers’ Group and is to submit an annual report on its work to the Joint Officers’ Group.
- Dr H Tharmalingam
- Dr J Barrett
- Dr J Kasznia-Brown
- Dr M Khan
- Dr P Lewis
- Dr R Mansour
- Dr A Elzein Mohamed
- Dr H O'Brien
- Professor H Robertson
- Dr K Yeoh
Terms of reference
- Two UK Fellows, up to two UK members (pre-FRCR) and one overseas member/Fellow from each Faculty appointed by the Chair of the Committee and the Vice-President and a Council member from the appropriate Faculty after open advertisement.
- The President, Medical Director, Membership and Business, Vice-President, Clinical Oncology and Vice-President Clinical Radiology ex-officio.
8. All Fellows and members appointed will in good standing with the RCR.
9. The appointed Fellows will serve three years and the appointed members in training will serve two years.
10. The Chair will determine if it is appropriate to invite an appointed member to serve for a further period following the initial term of office so as to balance continuity of membership, retention of skills or experience and appropriate turnover of membership. An appointed member may only serve for a maximum of four years and an appointed Fellow may only serve for a maximum of five years in total on a continuous basis. Any appointed Fellow or member will not be eligible to reapply until a period of one year has elapsed.
11. The President will nominate a serving Officer to chair the Committee. The Officer appointed will normally serve as Chair of the Committee for the duration of his or her term of office.
12. The duties of the Chair include:
- Chairing all meetings
- Ensuring that the purpose and terms of reference are observed
- Engaging all members of the Committee in the work being done
- Acting as media spokesperson for the College in respect of matters within the remit of the Committee at the request of the President.