2-day Chest X-RAY Course
2-day Chest X-RAY Course
5th September 2019, 08:30 – 17:10 and the 6th September 2019, 08:30 – 13:30
Doctors of all levels welcome (FY1, FY2, CT, SpR, GPST, GP, SAS and Consultants) whatever your speciality and level of confidence in CXR interpretation.
The Chest X-RAY is the most commonly performed diagnostic radiographic examination. Interpretation may appear to be simple, but in fact requires a strong understanding of anatomical, pathological and radiographic principles. This two day course will help you develop or refine your systematic approach to chest X-RAY review. We will cover a wide variety of pathology which will increase your confidence in day-to-day CXR clinical interpretation and help you prepare for exams.
This course places attendees into groups according to their level of experience in CXR interpretation, from basic case review to advanced interpretation.
DAY 1, 08:30 – 17:10
• Imaging technique and quality assessment (30min presentation)"
• CXR anatomy and variants (45 min presentation)
• Artefacts, chest wall, upper abdominal pathology practical session*
• Pleural, hilar and mediastinal pathology - practical session*
• Cardiovascular pathology - practical session*
• Lung fields pathology - practical session*
DAY 2, 08:30 – 13:30
• How to report/read CXR reports (30 min presentation)
• Focal pulmonary pathology and review areas pathology - practical session*
• Cases review Session 1 - practical session*
• Cases review Session 2 - practical session*
• Miscellaneous cases quiz session - practical session*"
* Tutored practical sessions in groups of up to 20 candidates rotating through different workstation rooms.
“A smart device (phone or tablet) or a laptop required to be able to vote in interactive quiz session.
COST: £220.00 This includes all refreshments and lunch on both days.
Consultant cardiothoracic radiologist trainers and National Imaging Academy Wales:
Dr Aleksander Marin - Cardiff and Vale UHB
Dr Grant Griffiths - Cwm Taf Morgannwg UHB
Dr Tim Pearce - Cwm Taf Morgannwg UHB
Dr Tishi Ninan - Swansea Bay UHB
Include state of the art: 100 seat lecture theatre, Two Fuji workstation classrooms (to seat 20 trainees) One computer room (equipped with Apple computers for 20 trainees). One candidate per one workstation allows you to review images at your own pace.
To register your interest Please Click https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/2-day-chest-x-ray-course-tickets-60303531486. Once we receive your interest form, we will contact you via email to confirm your registration and invoicing details
For any queries relating to this event please contact: