Faculty: Dr Shahid Iqbal, The Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Dr Feng-Yi Soh, NHS Highland
Contemporary head and neck cancer radiotherapy planning is focused on reducing normal tissue toxicity, and relies on the accuracy of target volume delineation based on advancements in functional head and neck imaging.
The online contouring training will cover the ‘5+5mm GTV to CTV margin’ concept, based on the RCR radiotherapy outlining workshop led by Professor Vincent Gregoire in March 2020. Please note that the contouring case is identical to that used in the previous workshop.
The teaching will be preceded by a contouring activity, and supported by an audio discussion on the ‘5+5mm GTV to CTV margin’ topic. The live session will be followed by an opportunity to repeat the contouring activity to apply skills and knowledge acquired during the teaching session.
You will contour using AQUILAB’s online Share Place platform. All contours will be anonymised. You do not need to install any software, however, for the platform to work, please make sure you have:
- a Windows or Mac laptop with an up to date operating system (for Windows, at least Windows 7)
- an up to date web browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox are recommended.)
- a mouse with a scroll wheel
A feedback report will be available on Share Place once you have submitted each set of contours.
- To understand the rationale behind the 2017 International Consensus guidelines for primary tumour Target volume delineation in Oropharyngeal, hypopharyngeal, laryngeal and oral cavity squamous cell carcinomas.
- To learn how to adequately delineate the primary tumour Clinical Target Volume in an Oropharyngeal cancer case, using the 5+5mm GTV to CTV margin concept.
- To understand the limitations of the 5+5mm margin concept in certain scenarios.
- To facilitate the implementation of the 5+5mm contouring concept into practice
For more information and to be notified as soon as registration opens, please express your interest below to be included on our contact list for this course.
- All delegates will be sent the pre-session contouring activity, to be completed and submitted wihtin three weeks. The audio discussion will also be circulated.
- Live teaching session will take place, covering the 5+5 concept and review of submitted contours. Please note there will be no contouring during this session.
- Delegates will be given the opportunity to repeat their contouring, factoring in what was learnt during the live session. This activity will be available for four weeks.
There are 4 CPD credits available for this course:
- Pre-session contouring: 1 credit
- Listening to the audio discussion and completing a self-reflective form: 1 credit
- Live session: 1 credit
- Post-session contouring: 1 credit
|RCR consultant member/Fellow||£120|
|RCR trainee member/Fellow||£60|