The committee reports to the Medical Director, Education and Training, and the Specialty Training Board under his or her Chairmanship. While the membership is drawn largely from the membership of the Specialty Training Board, additional members with specific expertise can be co-opted as necessary. A members of the Junior Radiologists' Forum and a lay representative are co-opted.
The committee meets on an ad hoc basis as and when required.
Full details of the Committee's remit can be found in the terms of reference.
- Dr J Phillips-Hughes
- Dr W H Ramsden
- Ms S Bentley
- Dr M R Akhtar (JRF representative)
- Dr S A Cooper
- Dr C D George
- Dr S P Harden
- Dr P A K Set
- Dr R Sinnatamby
- Dr P M Thompson
The Curriculum Committee is concerned with the maintenance and implementation of the Clinical Radiology Specialty Training Curriculum, and any sub-specialty curricula, in line with the standards required by the GMC.
The Curriculum Committee reports to the Medical Director, Education and Training, Clinical Radiology and the Specialty Training Board under his or her Chairmanship. It must refer to Specialty Training Board all matters relevant to College policy and regulations, as advised by the Medical Director. The Chair of the Curriculum Committee is an appointed or elected member of the Specialty Training Board.
The role of the committee
- To review, maintain and update the specialty training curricula for Clinical Radiology and its sub-specialty(ies) in line with the standards required by the GMC
- To review and develop methods of workplace-based assessment (WpBA) to support training as defined by the published curricula and meeting the standards of assessment required by the GMC
- To review and develop supporting documents and materials relating to curricula and WpBA.
- To advise on the use of the ePortfolio to support the curricula and WpBA.
- To report to the Specialty Training Board on all matters pertaining to the curricula and WpBA
- Chair – appointed for a three year period by and from the membership of the Specialty Training Board.
- The membership of the Curriculum Committee will be drawn largely from the membership of the Specialty Training Board, up to a total of 6 individuals. All members will be consultant Clinical Radiologists, practising in the NHS, in good standing with the RCR, who have experience of postgraduate training and an interest in curricula and assessment.
- Additional individuals with specific expertise may be co-opted on to the Committee if required.
- Ex-officio members will be the Medical Director, Education & Training.
- A representative of the Junior Radiologists’ Forum.
- A lay representative.
- The Fellowship Examination Board Chair can attend meetings as required.
Term of Office
The term of office for appointed members will be three years and will coincide with their term of office on the Specialty Training Board.
Meetings will take place up to 3 times per year, as and when required.