Salary: up to £45,549 per annum, plus excellent benefits
Location: Central London with flexible working
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Contractual status: 14 month fixed-term maternity cover
It is an exciting time for a Management Accountant to join the strategic and high-performing Finance team at The Royal College of Radiologists (RCR). The Management Accountant will experienced and numerate as they will be responsible for delivering high-quality accounting, reporting and advisory services to assist users and senior managers in decision making and management of budgets.
The successful candidate will play a vital role in providing professional advisory and operational support to help deliver the RCR’s objectives, supporting the Finance Manager with the management and development of core finance functions. They will be a switched-on finance professional who will be responsible for leading the departments responsibility to monitor and report in business performance by delivering timely and accurate management reporting information, understanding key drivers of financial performance, and identifying risks within the business.
What you’ll do:
- Review and maintain accounting processes making recommendations to Finance Manager and the Executive Director, Business and Resources for change as necessary to meet business need and changes to external standards
- Managing day-to-day accounting processes undertaken by the Assistant Accountant
- Timely preparation of income and expenditure reports for review with FBM and budget holders on monthly basis
- Preparation of management reports with commentaries and analysis for review with FBM and budget holders on an agreed basis
- Manage each of the separate PAYE payrolls that the RCR have with an outsourced payroll function to ensure compliance with contract specification
What you’ll need:
- Relevant professional qualification, and at least part-qualified with a recognised CCAB or similar
- Experience using Sage 200 (or a similar accounting system) in a similar capacity
- Good knowledge of the current FRS 102 (SORP)
- Good knowledge of general accounting and financial management and development within the charities/not for profit sector
- Ability to explain verbally and in different writing styles finance, budgetary and risk management processes in straightforward terms to non-technical/non-professional audiences
- Ability to manage own time effectively
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please see the Management Accountant – Maternity Cover candidate pack for more information on the RCR, the role and for instructions on how to apply.
Management Accountant - Maternity Cover candidate pack
Applications are being reviewed as they are received, we encourage interested candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.