Location: Central London with flexible working
Salary: £39,248 per annum increasing to £43,380 following two years continuous service, plus excellent benefits
Hours: Full-time/35 hours per week
Contractual status: Permanent
This is an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Executive to join The Royal College of Radiologists (RCR) iRefer team, which is a high focus, fast-growing unit of the RCR.
iRefer is the flagship publication of the RCR, a set of evidence-based guidelines aimed at supporting the decision-making process for healthcare professionals during the patient referral process for diagnostic imaging, by setting out our advice regarding the best first imaging test for a patient’s circumstances.
The guidelines are currently being adapted so that they can be integrated with Clinical Decision Support Systems (CDS) and Application Programming Interfaces (API) and rolled out across a number of health networks globally, which has the potential to hugely improve patient care, reducing the time taken to get a diagnosis and therefore treatment plan for their condition, saving precious time and ensuring efficient treatment. The iRefer guidelines also have a positive impact on our members, ensuring the diagnostic imaging they are reporting on are the right first tests, reducing the need for further test reporting in the future and helping to reduce the imaging backlog post-Covid.
The Business Development Executive will support the business development strand of the commercial strategy for iRefer. The successful candidate will work alongside the iRefer Operations Manager, gathering information to inform the business development strategy and assist with actioning the findings.
What you’ll do:
- Convert leads into customers by assisting with the administration and production of documents and assets during negotiations, sales presentations, etc
- Proactively identify sales (opportunities) and make recommendations to colleagues on those to pursue actively, to allow us to meet team KPIs
- Customer relationship management, ensuring a high standard of customer satisfaction as the primary point of contact
- Generate leads by identifying and engaging potential customers for the iRefer website.
- Meet set sales targets and KPIs
What you’ll need:
- Experience with healthcare information/technology products or Software as a Service (Saas) products
- Experience in business development at a similar level, gained during working in a comparable field
- Experience negotiating and managing contracts
- Data literate, comfortable creating stats
- Strong organisational skills
This is an extremely exciting time to join the RCR’s iRefer team as they position themselves to move further into the global healthcare market, establishing the product firmly as the market leader in the space and ultimately improving patient outcomes and treatment time across the world.
If you are looking for an impactful role in a medical charity with a great cause and ambitious goals, then please find out more about the role and the RCR in our candidate pack.
This vacancy closes midnight 4 December. Shortlist interviews are scheduled for 7 December with selection interviews scheduled for 12 December 2022.