Submissions are invited for abstracts for the four abstract competitions which are held as part of RCR19. Both trainees and consultants are encouraged to submit.
- Submission deadline Friday 12 April 2019 at 12 noon BST. Authors will receive an email confirmation of receipt of their submission.
- Authors will be notified of the outcome of their submission by email no later than Friday 31 May 2019.
CR George and Vera Ansell abstract competition
Submissions are invited for Clinical Radiology Scientific abstracts as part of the George and Vera Ansell abstract competition which is held as part of RCR19. Abstracts should be based on scientific research in the area of Clinical Radiology and should be entered for ePoster display or oral presentation. Both trainees and consultants are encouraged to submit.
New for this year, we also invite abstract submissions for pictorial review educational ePosters. These should be based on a theme of radiological anatomy/pathology and should be of educational interest. A series of cases should be used to illustrate the topic being presented. Trainees and consultants are encouraged to submit.
CO Wormald abstract competition
Submissions are invited for Clinical Oncology scientific abstracts as part of the Wormald ePoster and oral presentation competition which is held as a part of RCR19. This year’s meeting will be held in Liverpool on 14 to 16 October, 2019. Abstracts should be based on scientific research in the area of Clinical Oncology and can be entered for ePoster display and/or oral presentation, and both trainees and consultants are encouraged to submit.
Why submit a scientific abstract?
- Those invited to deliver an oral presentation will be eligible for a proffered paper award for which the first prize is £250. Presentations should be for up to 10 minutes.
- ePosters will be displayed on giant tablets at RCR19, the RCR website and the RCR19 conference app. ePoster authors may be invited to give an additional short presentation in the main exhibition area.
- ePosters will be eligible for the Ansell Poster Prize or the Wormald poster prize: £250 first prize, £125 each for two highly commended ePosters.
- All accepted abstracts will be given citable references and included in a Clinical Oncology or Clinical Radiology online supplement published by Elsevier.
- 3 CPD credits for the lead author and 1 for each co-author are awarded for posters displayed at RCR19.
CR Audit competition
The Clinical Radiology Audit ePoster competition will take place at RCR19 this year and submissions are now open. The competition is designed to encourage radiologists, radiographers and colleagues to carry out audits and to recognise the importance of clinical audit in improving patient care and outcomes.
CO Audit and Quality Improvement competition
The Clinical Oncology Audit and Quality Improvement (QI) ePoster competition will take place at RCR19 this year and submissions are now open. Don’t miss the opportunity to share the improvements your audit or QI project made to patient care and outcomes.
Why submit an audit abstract?
- Abstracts of all ePosters accepted for display are published in a supplement of Clinical Oncology or Clinical Radiology.
- First prize for both competitions is £280 and second prize is £70.
- Authors of audit ePosters displayed at RCR19 are awarded CPD credits (3 for the lead author and 1 for co-authors).
- E-poster authors may be invited to give a short presentation of their work.