The RCR has appointed two global ambassadors to represent both Faculties of the RCR outside the UK. This pilot scheme has seen ambassadors appointed for India and Egypt.
- The Global Ambassador for Egypt is Dr Hassan Abdelsalam.
- The Global Ambassador for India is Dr Venkat Sudigali.
The role of the global ambassador includes:
- Offering advice and fielding enquiries for the RCR within India or Egypt
- Help foster a sense of belonging to the RCR locally
- Promoting the RCR and the benefits of membership, including the online CPD as part of RCR Learning and any new offerings
- Bringing together the views of Fellows and members within India or Egypt
- Act as a point of liaison between members in the country and the RCR
- Developing and maintaining relationships with national societies for radiology or oncology, universities, government etc within India or Egypt
- Acting as a conduit of intelligence about developments in the specialties in the country that might impact on RCR.