RCR membership provides a host of exclusive benefits to help you invest in your career and keep up with the latest developments in your field.
How to apply for RCR membership
Please email email@example.com to apply for RCR membership. You will be sent an application form for the category of membership you wish to apply for. Depending on the category of membership you are applying for, you may be asked to provide the following supporting documents:
- Your CV
- A letter from your HR department stating the grade at which you are employed
- Evidence of your eligibility to practise
- Your primary and postgraduate medical certificates.
All applications are considered on an individual basis. Please see the full list of membership categories and fees
- Our specialist distance learning Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education for Radiology or for Oncology, created by the RCR in collaboration with the University of Dundee, is designed for anyone interested in developing their careers in medical education. With an international audience in mind, this course is delivered entirely online and is not limited to the RCR/UK curriculum.
- Radiologists may be interested in the Radiology-Integrated Training Initiative (R-ITI), an e-learning package designed to support training, CPD and exam preparation in radiology. Radiologists outside the UK can access R-ITI by purchasing a licence from eIntegrity. RCR discounts are available for individual licences.
- e-Proton is an e-learning resource designed to support the education and training of staff in preparation for increasing use of proton beam therapy (PBT).
- The RCR e-learning hub provides easy access to a wide range of online learning resources, including interactive online modules, videos, self-tests, webinars and useful articles
Working in the UK
The RCR offers plenty of advice to radiologists and clinical oncologists who would like to work in the UK, as well as a collaboration with Health Education England who can offer Global Fellows opportunities
Free European Society of Radiology (ESR) membership
The RCR has agreed with the ESR that clinical radiology members residing in Europe who are in current practice and in good standing are able to register free of charge for ESR Full Membership. Radiology trainees are able to register free of charge for ESR Membership in Training. The ESR also offers free Corresponding Membership to those residing outside Europe. ESR membership gives you access to all ESR membership benefits, including reduced registration fees for the European Congress of Radiology