RCR Learning course: Management skills for radiologists 2021
Dates between 8-28 June 2021
For existing and aspiring clinical leaders and directors in radiology.
The course has been designed to provide essential management tools to run an efficient and effective department. It will include:
- An update on the current thinking in radiology management including a GIRFT and RCR updates
- Pre-recorded lectures will focus on the business as usual aspects of managing a busy radiology service, including job planning and business case writing
- Two workshop-based sessions with Professor Richard Bohmer and Dr Bilal Waheed, Chief Transformation Officer. These sessions will use real case studies to highlight some novel ways of structuring healthcare systems driving innovation and efficiency with increased safety and better outcomes for patients.
This course has been designed to offer as much flexibility for delegates as possible, therefore it is not compulsory to attend all of the live sessions on the set dates. The live dates will give you the best opportunity to interact with the faculty delivering this course but you will have on-demand access to most of the session recordings with the exception of Module 3, which will not be recorded and will only be available live on Tuesday 22 June at 1-5pm.
- Module 1: Tuesday 8 June 2021, 10:00-14:00 (bookings now closed)
- Module 2: On-demand content - Available on the RCR e-learning hub from Tuesday 15 June
- Module 3: Managing technology adoption - Tuesday 22 June, 13:00-17:00 (This will be delivered live. No recording of this session will be available.)
- Module 4: Lean working workshop – Monday 28 June, 13:00-17:00
- Effectiveness and efficiency in a radiology department
- Affecting and sustaining transformation
- Update on GIRFT and RCR
- The ‘Nuts and Bolts’ of being a Clinical Director - including Job planning and business case writing.
- Update on networks and Community Diagnostic Hubs
- Strategic thinking to make change happen
16 points for the full course
The course fee includes all modules no matter which module you book onto.
RCR member/Fellow in training
Associate member/senior Fellow
Allied health professional