RadReach is an RCR collaboration with Widening Participation Medics Network (WPMN) aimed at encouraging under-represented groups to choose a career in clinical oncology or clinical radiology.
The RadReach steering group is responsible for organising and delivering the RadReach mentoring scheme to encourage greater diversity and equity of opportunity within oncology and radiology through mentorship, advocacy, and professional development.
The steering group
The steering group currently consists of:
- Widening Participation Medics Network (WPMN) Founder
- A Vice-President of the RCR
- An Executive Director of the RCR
- Four faculty representatives of the RCR (two per faculty)
- Two faculty trainee representatives (one per faculty)
It is responsible for the following activities:
- Drawing on the strategic aims of the RCR, to provide a programme of events and support arrangements that seek to encourage, develop, and enable a greater number of doctors from widening participation backgrounds to enter the faculties of the RCR.
- Contributing to the development of RadReach work
- Supporting the advancement of RadReach in their healthcare networks
Joining the steering group presents a significant opportunity to be involved in widening participation, and or developing your portfolio of widening participation work.
What will it involve?
If appointed, you would be expected:
- To attend steering group meetings which take place 4 times a year. If unable to attend meetings in person, videoconference or teleconference can be used.
- To participate in email discussions between meetings and consider or determine matters electronically.
- Abide by any stated or implied confidentiality that relates to the work of the steering group during or after any period of membership.
- Comply with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as regards processing of any personal data where it is made available to them as part of their work.
Applications for membership will be assessed by members of the RadReach steering group and successful candidates will be informed of the outcome.
Term of office
The term of office for trainee representatives will be twelve months: October to September.
Am I eligible?
To apply you must meet the following criteria:
- Clinical radiology/clinical oncology trainee with at least a year left before CCT.
- Have a demonstrable interest in widening participation.
Please get in touch if you have any questions or would like information about the role.