Become a member
How to join
Membership of the RCR may be open to you if:
- You are in a non-training post in clinical oncology or clinical radiology in the UK or abroad. You must also have a postgraduate qualification in clinical oncology or clinical radiology other than FRCR
- You hold the First FRCR Examination.
These forms of membership do not entitle you to use the letters FRCR or any other designation after your name.
Applications are considered on an individual basis. Membership application forms are available from the Membership Officer
Please complete and return the application form with all the supporting documents requested. Overseas doctors working in the UK may be eligible to become members of the RCR.
RCR members are entitled to a range of benefits including:
- Reduced fees for College meetings and events across the UK
- 24/7 access to a library of online CPD lectures updated regularly
- Free subscription to the peer-reviewed academic journals Clinical Oncology and Clinical Radiology
- Expert guidance and advice in the form of RCR publications (including access to iRefer: Making the best use of clinical radiology), policy statements and best practice guidelines
- Opportunities for discussion and networking through access to RCR Forums.
You may become a Fellow of the RCR by passing the College's Final Part B examination in clinical oncology or clinical radiology. Fellows are entitled, subject to their membership subscription being paid, to use the FRCR post nominals, stand for College Council and other offices and vote in College elections.
Fellowship without Examination
The usual route to Fellowship of The Royal College of Radiologists is by examination. A small number of Fellowships without Examination may be awarded each year to others who have attained an appropriate level of professional status and who have made a significant contribution to training or practice to either clinical radiology, clinical oncology or dental and maxillofacial radiology in the UK. It is anticipated that those successfully nominated will wish become involved in RCR activities as Fellows of the College.