Clinical Oncology is a monthly scientific journal produced by The Royal College of Radiologists. To show support for early career researchers, each year the Journal gives awards to three outstanding papers where the lead author was a trainee at the time of submission. Papers can be nominated for consideration for the award (self-nomination is accepted); the winners will be selected by two members of the Editorial Board.
Three awards are available:
- The winner will receive £500
- Two highly commended submissions will receive £250
Nomiations for volume 32 have now closed.
Nominations for volume 33 will open in early 2022.
The winner will be invited to receive their award at the RCR Admission Ceremony to receive their award.
Eligible papers will be original research or reviews where the lead author is a trainee (defined as not being in a substantive consultant post at the time of submission).
Nominated papers will be evaluated against the following set of criteria:
- Relevant topic for clinical oncology
- Novel/original concept
- Clarity of writing and presentation
- Appropriate methodology/literature search
- Clear reporting of findings
- Appropriate conclusions based on findings.