The RCR's Clinical Oncology (CO) Officers have been undertaking a series of regional visits across the UK since 2013, covering both the clinical senate areas in England and the devolved nations. They have been hugely successful and allow you the opportunity to find out more about the work of the RCR and to discuss any issues that you might be facing on the front line. With COVID-19 ever present and preventing face-to-face opportunities to come together, the RCR has now decided to introduce joint virtual regional visits.
The regional visits provide an important opportunity for the RCR Officers to meet colleagues across the UK and overseas. They are an opportunity for the RCR to come to you and provide a forum for discussion about the work of the College and – more importantly – about the challenges you are facing in clinical practice and any areas of concern for your specialty.
These visits form part of the RCR’s strategy for wider engagement with its Fellows and members.
The visits will begin in November and will run until July 2021. Each UK training region will have a visit and there will also be overseas visits for our colleagues globally which will take place in 2021.
Attendance is open to Fellows and members from both Faculties within each region and spaces will be limited.
Dates and locations for 2020 (17.30–19.30)
- West Midland, 27 November
- North West, 17 December
- Kent, Surrey & Sussex (KSS), 18 December
The programme will be:
- An introduction by the President
- Breakout sessions for each Faculty led by the Vice-Presidents - this will include an update on Faculty-specific issues as well as offer you an opportunity to ask questions on Faculty-related issues
- An overview of RCR's strategic priorities and their progress - led by the President
- Open Q&A
You can submit your questions in advance. If you are unable to attend, please do send any questions or issues that you would like covered.