We aim to be a professional membership body that really listens to our membership. Membership surveys provide us with valuable insight into our Fellows’ and members’ perceptions of the College. This helps us to understand your experiences and make sure that we are providing the support and services you want.
Our 2018 membership survey has been completed and the results will be published in September 2018. Thank you to all Fellows and members who completed the survey.
Last time, 79% of survey respondents rated us highly as a membership organisation.
- Many respondents wanted more events held at locations across the UK. We listened, and now hold 50% of our events outside London, including RCR18.
- We’ve been striving to improve our value to members across the world. One key development was the launch of our e-learning hub, which has attracted over 1,600 global users in its first year.
- Some respondents thought that FRCR exams should be available to sit in venues around the UK, so we’ve started hosting some exams in more locations across England. We plan to increase multiple venue exams in the future. We have also introduced a digital platform for the delivery of our image-based clinical radiology exams, enabling candidate responses to be captured electronically at multiple venues.
- Many respondents wanted us to do more to raise the profile of our two specialties, so we’ve worked hard to achieve over 1,100 pieces of media coverage since 2016.
- We created opportunities across all four nations to represent our membership on key issues. We also represented our two specialties in parliament on issues such as healthcare policy, workforce shortages and Brexit.
- We continually achieve a 100% completion on all workforce census data, allowing us to highlight the impact of workforce shortages on our specialties and use this vital evidence to demand more for our members.
Find out more about the actions we are taking as a result of feedback:
Thank you to all 2,095 Fellows and members who completed our 2016 survey. We acknowledge that there are areas for improvement, and have based our College Strategy 2017–2020 on the survey results. The full 2016 report summarises the findings from the 2016 membership survey (Fellow and member login required). A summary of findings is available to all users.