iRefer is one of the College’s flagship publications and provides invaluable guidance to referring clinicians on the most appropriate imaging to request. We are currently trialing the delivery of iRefer through clinical decision support software without technology partner, MedCurrent. It is important that the content of iRefer remains up to date and fit for purpose. We therefore intend to update a subset of key guidelines in the coming year.
We are looking to appoint a Fellow with appropriate experience, commitment and enthusiasm to lead this process. This is an important and high profile role with a significant time commitment estimated to be equivalent to one PA. Accordingly, in line with the College’s policy, financial support will be offered. For those employed as NHS consultants, the individual’s employer would be compensated at the rate required to backfill their post.
This is an appointed role and applicants must be a Clinical Radiology Fellow in good standing, resident in the UK who at the time of application is in active clinical practice and holds a current licence to practise. The appointment is for one year.
The main responsibilities of the CDL are to:
- Lead and deliver the review process.
- Contribute to developing a plan and timetable for the required work.
- Liaise, as necessary, with the College’s Special Interest Groups and other agreed groups and individuals.
- Ensure delivery of final content and supporting evidence in line with the agreed timetable.
- Contribute to the finalisation of content prior to publication.
- The following would be essential attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment, enthusiasm and a willingness to take on new challenges.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- The ability to lead and inspire teams.
- The ability to contribute effectively to a team.
Experience of developing referral guidelines or equivalent publications, leading projects, experience of the Delphi process or similar methodologies and familiarity with clinical decision support software would be also be beneficial.
For further information, please see the role description for this position.
If you would be interested in an informal chat about the role, contact the iRefer Project Manager.
Application and appointment process
Interested applicants should apply by email to the iRefer Project Manager, including a copy of their CV and a letter demonstrating how they meet the requirements set out in the person specification and indicating why they wish to undertake this role.
All applicants will be asked to complete a declaration of interests form, which will be sent to the separately. Applicants will also invited to complete and submit the College’s equality and diversity monitoring form, which will also be sent to them.
The deadline for applications is 5 pm on Monday 8 October 2018.
Shortlisted individuals will be invited to a panel interview. The panel will comprise:
- The Medical Director, Membership and Business
- The Medical Director, Professional Practice, Clinical Radiology
- The Chief Executive of the College
- The iRefer Project Manager.
The interviews will held in the week beginning 22 October 2018.