Join the RCR CO Learning Committee
Following a restructure, the RCR is currently looking to fill the following roles on RCR Learning Committee for Clinical Oncology:
- Medical Education Lead
- Clinical Advisory Lead
- Leadership Lead
- Annual Conference Lead
What do these roles do?
Each of these roles plays a vital part in shaping and guiding the RCR Learning portfolio to ensure the development and delivery of high-quality learning and development opportunities to its members in the UK and around the world. Each committee role, in addition to their specific post, will be key in:
- making decisions about new products that should be developed, and about products to be deleted, and prioritising these in line with the College strategy and annual plans
- actively being involved in the development and implementation of initiatives approved by the committee.
- identifying and collaborating with new facilitators, speakers and organisations
What’s the commitment?
A committee member will usually serve a term of three years which may be renewed for a further year if required to complete a specific ongoing project. The exceptions to this are the Clinical Advisory Leads who are appointed annually to reflect the RCR’s organisational priorities. These terms may be renewed up to a maximum of twice in line as the discretion of the Chair.
Each role requires an approximate time commitment of at least 10 hours a month to attend meetings, liaise with colleagues and plan workstreams. Each committee member is expected to attend the annual committee meeting which may be held in the RCR’s offices or virtually. This year’s meeting will take place virtually on Friday 24 June 2022.
Please note for the Medical Education Lead role, the committee is keen to receive applications that meet the following requirements:
- Have a recognised teaching qualification
- Are a practicing clinician with a minium of five years' experience in leading on training in your specialty (essential) e.g. are a current or former TPDs/ Vice TPDs
- Are up to date on the latest developments and trends in medical education
- Are available to attend all relevant meeting and facilitate medical education courses as necessary
How to apply:
- In advance of applying please read the Terms of Reference of the RCR CO Learning Committee.
- Please apply by email submitting a short CV (no more than three sides of A4 maximum) and an accompanying statement explaining your interest in the role. Please specify which role/s you are interested in your accompanying statement.
- Appointments will be made in line with the RCR’s recruitment to boards and committees. Candidates will be selected using the ranking process where required.
If you wish to find out more about the roles in advance of application, please contact the Interim Head of RCR Learning
- Closing date for applications: Friday 10 June 2022, 5pm
- Successful candidates will be notified by Friday 17 June 2022
- All candidates should be available to attend the annual meeting of the committee which will take place on Friday 24 June 2022.
All roles are voluntary for which CPD credits can be claimed in line with RCR’s CPD scheme (4th Edition).
- Travel expenses will be met in accordance with the RCR’s Travel and expenses policy. For anyone attending meetings from outside of the UK, travel will only be reimbursed from the point of entry into the UK. Members are welcome to attend the meeting remotely.
- The successful applicant will need to make such arrangements as are necessary to free time for committee business from their clinical, managerial, academic or other voluntary work. Most meetings are held on Thursdays or Fridays.
- All applicants will be required to declare any conflicts of interest.
- Members will be expected to abide by the General Data Protection Regulation and the RCR’s data protection and data security policies as in force from time to time.
- Members will from time to time be provided with documents at various stages of development prior to their formal approval and publication, which are to be kept confidential. Members will not disclose any confidential information to an outside person or organisation.
- Members may not speak for or on behalf of the RCR unless authorised in advance to do so. The RCR will hold the intellectual property and copyright of any documents or publications produced by the individual in their capacity as member of the CO PLD Committee. Members will be required to assign these rights to the RCR.